The Holy Spirit as a source of authority to work for the Lord.
Apostle Sanpha Sesay conducted a divine service on Pentecost day, on the 23rd May 2021, at Central Church in Makeni, Bombali District; Northern Province of Sierra Leone.
The text word was from Romans 8:14: ‘For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God’.
The special Bible reading was done by Sister Rosaline Sesay, from Joel 3:1-2, and Ephesians 3:14-21
The Apostle addressed on the following points in his sermon:
- Christians should follow Christ with patience and obedience;
- We should allow the Holy spirit to lead and guides us;
- To beware of the spirit of the devil and dark kingdom that shouts the name of the Lord Jesus to the people, to misguide them from the way of Christ;
- Every Christian should hope on the works of the Holy Spirit in their lives, because God has put his love in our hearts through the Holy Spirit; to sharpen consciences and to remind us about evil and good;
- Pentecost day is the birthday of the church of Christ rule by the Holy Spirit; to prepare the bridal congregation for Christ’s eminent return;
- We should bring our sacrifices, offerings and use the gifts God has destined in us to do His work diligently till he returns;
- Our Pentecost day is the day we are sealed by the Holy Spirit. We become citizens of God’s kingdom, where the triune God rules in peace and eternity.
District Elder Bundu Kabia opened up his heart to the congregation by the words: “Jesus is the way, the truth, and the live, no one goes to the father expect he passes through Him”. He stated the role of the Apostles from the day of Pentecost; that the Apostles are sanctified by the Holy Spirit, giving them boldness and authority to do the work of God without fear and favor. The Apostles of today carry the authority through Holy Baptism, Communion and Sealing.
What a glorious day the Central congregation of Makeni experienced!